Skagen Ship Consulting has been selected by the shipping company AQS to develop an 18.5 meter hybrid service vessel optimized for assignments in the aquaculture industry. AQS has already entered into a time charter agreement for the new building for Cermaq Finnmark.
The vessel was designed by Macduff Ship Design in collaboration with Skagen Ship Consulting and AQS. Skagen Ship Consulting will be responsible for the delivery of the design and equipment package and the boat will be built in its entirety at TRX Marine in Yalova, Turkey.
Made for 24-hour operation
– After several months of close collaboration with AQS, we are very pleased that they chose to move forward with the solution we have come up with together. We consider this a great vote of confidence and look forward to the collaboration, says Patrick Ramsberg, partner in Skagen Ship Consulting.
Sustainability, well-being and safety for the crew on board have been central to the development of the vessel, which is designed for 24-hour operation.
– Innovation, including greener solutions, has a strong focus with us at AQS. The company wants to be a major contributor to reducing climate emissions. We currently have four boats under construction with hybrid solutions, as well as future plans for zero-emission solutions, says Kristian Hjertvik, Marketing and Technology Manager at AQS.
Charged via shore power or generator set
The vessel will be equipped with a hybrid package developed by Bertel O. Steen Power Solutions with a battery capacity of 1156 kWh which is charged via shore power or Nogva Scania generator set.
Nogva Heimdal Propulsion delivers gear and propeller, which gives a bollard pull of 21 tons. Deck equipment and hydraulics on board are supplied by SHM Solutions, while two Palfinger 150002 cranes are supplied by Bergen Hydraulics. The vessel is also equipped with 4 Veth VT-90 tunnel thrusters from Marine Parts & Propulsion for the best possible maneuverability.
- Length: 18.50 m
- Width: 12.00 m
- Depth: 4.60 m
- Building material: Steel
- Crew: 4
- Bollard Pull: 21 Tonn
- Hybrid System: Bertel O. Steen Power Solutions
- Generator set: Nogva Scania
- Progress package: Nogva Heimdal Propulsion
- Tire equipment: SHM Solutions
- Capstans: Lorentzen Hydraulikk
- Cranes: 2 x Palfinger PK150002 – Bergen Hydraulics
- Tunnel-thrustere: 4 x Veth VT90 – Marine Parts & Propulsion
- Light package: Glamox