- Ideal for applications where long lifespan, lightweight, fast charging & compactness are key
- Provides an alternative green energy source
- Equipped with an integrated Battery Management System
Available in both 12 V and 24 V models, the MLI Ultra 1250 is the most compact battery in Mastervolt’s range and is ideal for both marine and mobile applications. This is due to the high energy density within the battery cells which together offers up to 70% space and weight savings compared to traditional lead-acid batteries. Weighing just 15 kg and measuring 330 x 173 x 210 mm, the MLI Ultra 1250 offers a considerable benefit for vessels and vehicles where space is at a premium. It has been designed as a drop-in replacement for size Group 31 and Group 49 (85-90 Ah) batteries.
The MLI Ultra 1250 has a realistic lifespan of over 2000 cycles at an impressive depth of discharge (DOD) of 80 %. This deep cycling means five times more energy storage than lead acid batteries thanks to features such as exceptionally high efficiency, the almost complete absence of self discharge and the minimal build-up of the infamous ‘memory effect’. As with the whole MLI Ultra range, the MLI Ultra 1250 can be recharged within 60 minutes.
Self-balancing algorithm & compatibility
The MLI Ultra 1250 battery is equipped with a sophisticated Mastervolt Battery Management System (BMS) that ensures optimal use of each individual cell. This self-learning balancing algorithm that predicts the behavior of each individual battery cell and balances proactively, resulting in a faster and more efficient charge cycle. The self-learning system eliminates unnecessary stress on the cells, resulting in an even longer battery cycle life.
As you would expect from Mastervolt, the MLI Ultra 1250 is completed with MasterBus, CZone and NMEA2000 compatible communication, allowing for a broad range of monitoring and system integration options, while maximising the lifespan of the batteries.
All weather performance
The MLI series delivers ultimate Lithium Ion performance even under the harshest conditions, such as high charge and discharge currents, wet environments and mechanical shocks or vibrations. Furthermore the MLI Ultra 1250 comes with an integrated thermal heat-pad and sophisticated low-temperature control to ensure maximum charging performance at freezing temperatures. In cold weather conditions it uses the connected charger to power the heat-pad and keep the battery cell temperatures above freezing point. This ensures the fastest possible charging and full power capabilities even on the coldest days.
Integrated battery switch
The integrated battery safety switch disconnects the battery cells in case of abnormalities. This is based on smart algorithms analyzing all details of the battery condition such as charge current, temperature, cell details and more. Where other integrated switches have current limitations, the MLI Ultra 1250 will keep providing energy up to 200 Amps continuously.
Plug and play configuration
Installing a Lithium Ion battery has never been easier. Wire the MLI Ultra 1250 to any supported Mastervolt charger, connect the communication cable and the battery will automatically fully configure the charger to match the battery. This provides a smooth and worry-free charging experience without the need for any configuration tools. Additionally the MLI Ultra 1250 can be connected in parallel as part of a large battery bank.
Features of the Mastervolt MLI Ultra 1250
- Ultimate performance, heavy duty Lithium Ion batteries.
- BMS and LiFePO4 chemistry according to highest safety standards.
- Drop-in replacement for size Group 31 and Group 49 (85-90 Ah) batteries
- More than three times the lifespan of traditional batteries.
- Saves up to 70 % in space and weight.
- High charge / discharge rate up to 2 C.
- Fast charging within 60 minutes.
- Series connection up to 48 V possible.
- Integrated Battery ThermalControl
- Integrated battery switch and battery monitoring (Voltage, Current, State of Charge, Time Remaining).
- MasterBus communication with any Mastervolt Battery Charger or Smart Remote.
- CZone and NMEA2000 compatible.
- Fully waterproof.
- Designed according to UN38.3.
- CE, E-Mark, FCC and compliant to RVIA standards (pending)