Tideman Boats BV, a world leader in high-density polyethylene (HDPE) boat building, opens a location in the United States. Since formally beginning production and delivery of HDPE boats in 2013, European organizations such as Damen, BP, Boskalis, and Astaldi among many others have been utilizing Tideman Boats for their own marine operations or for that of their clients. Bruno Tideman started the company by designing and building the perfect fast and durable workboat for rough environments, the virtually indestructible Tideman Rigid Buoyancy Boat (RBB), featuring a 100% HDPE hull design. The Tideman Boats RBB has a service life much longer than competing workboats, a very low carbon footprint during production, no bottom paint, no gelcoat, are 100% recyclable and more.
“We are very excited that we will now manufacture the powerfully designed Tideman RBB HDPE workboats in the USA. I’m thrilled to say we are also launching our Blackfish hdpe line of fishing center console boats. Our high speed, lightweight, quiet, and rugged hulls are virtually unsinkable and have a lifetime warranty on the hull with a standard manufacturer’s warranty on installed components. The US market has been waiting for this.” said Matt O’Sullivan, head of sales and business partnerships at Tideman Boats US.
Tideman Boats US workboat hulls are manufactured in the USA in a thermoplastic welding fabrication facility that has been designing, manufacturing, and providing high-impact solutions for many industries, including fire, marine, and aquaculture, since 1986.
HDPE Hull features & advantages:
- Superb Buoyancy: HDPE density ranges from 0.93 to 0.97kg/cm3, lighter than fresh water and much lighter than seawater.
- Zero Corrosion, Zero Maintenance: Oxygen, salt, and water have no damaging effect on HDPE. There is no time-consuming need to rinse after use. No gelcoat to repair and no bottom paint at all!
- No Troublesome Marine Growth: it does not stick to HDPE hulls, so the underside remains clean and the boat keeps its speed – hdpe is quiet and stealth for military and for fishing.
- Resistant to fuel spillages, chemicals, and UV exposure. Black HDPE contains carbon, preventing the boat from becoming brittle with harsh sun exposure – even in tropical conditions.
- HDPE is viscous and elastic, preventing damage and cracks and ideal for working in coastal and shallow waters as well as around dangerous structures.
- Environmentally-friendly production – Five times lower carbon dioxide footprint compared to aluminum.
- Impressive durability – the boats last for decades.
Tideman Boats US has begun taking orders for production in the United States. www.Tidemanboats.us