British technology and advanced maritime manufacturing company Kraken Technology Group (KTG) and Steller Systems, a world-renowned naval architecture and marine engineering consultancy, have entered into a formal collaboration.
Steller Systems are the naval architects and marine engineering partners on KTG’s K50 KRAKEN programme. The two organisations have identified a considerable opportunity to further enhance KTG’s ambitious and innovative product development and manufacturing capabilities, as well as to create rapid routes to production for Steller Systems’ maritime security concepts. This partnership is now extending beyond K50 into the development of both fast landing craft and autonomous platforms.
The signing of a formal Teaming Agreement will enable the combined team to accelerate disruptive maritime platforms from concept stage, through architecture and engineering process, to prototyping, production readiness and advanced manufacturing. Together they will create more innovative, customer-requirement focused, integrated and interoperable products with quicker concept-to-readiness timescales, meeting the increasingly diverse demands of the fast-evolving security market.
Mal Crease, Founder and CEO of Kraken Technology Group, commented:
“We were a formidable team in the development of the K50 KRAKEN, and formalising a deeper collaboration between Kraken and Steller Systems to further accelerate the delivery of a broader range of similarly game-changing products is a logical and exciting progression.”
Steller Systems’ Managing Director, Rob Skarda, added:
“This collaboration with Kraken Technology Group will act as a force-multiplier for Steller Systems’ expertise, providing an expert route to prototype and market for some of our future-facing innovations workstreams, as well as ensuring Kraken’s product integrity remains truly world class.”
• Kraken Technology Group is a UK company founded in 2021 and structured around decades of cross-sector expertise and pioneering experience in the marine industry.
• High-performance heritage is embedded in the company DNA and underpins both a disruptive and pioneering approach to maritime design and manufacturing.
• KTG’s core management team come from a diverse range of marine, automotive and security backgrounds, with several having served operationally in the British and US Special Forces.
KRAKEN TECHNOLOGY GROUP PRESS OFFICE
Phone: +44 (0)1252 448 169
Mobile: +44 (0)7739 461 061
ABOUT STELLER SYSTEMS
• Steller Systems is a leading independent consultancy practice specialising in naval architecture and marine engineering in the surface ship, submarine and uncrewed vessel domains.
• Steller Systems supports its clients’ programmes with concept design, detailed design, modelling, analysis, in-service support and advice on mitigating the risks of integrating complex systems.
• Steller Systems works on programmes in both the military and commercial sectors.
• Steller Systems was founded in 2011 and is based in Nailsworth (Gloucestershire) and Hamble (Southampton), UK.
Phone: +44 (0)1453 707717